Week six of this transfer came and went really fast. I can't believe my short time with Sister Whitlock is over. Sister Whitlock will be training next transfer (we're dividing the Elder's area), so lots of work was involved getting an apartment in Himmash. We did SO much work for the Himmash apartment this week. Tuesday we had to go find out how much stuff was there, Friday we went and bought the stuff, and Saturday evening we went and cleaned out the apartment a ton so that Sister Whitlock and Sister Miller don't have to stress about doing that.
My companion next transfer is Sister Smith! Flashback to the MTC days. Secretly we always planned on being Sister Trainers at the end of our missions together.
Tuesday we went and did splits in Chelyabinsk. I got to be with Sister Blau, and we had so much fun! Going back to Chelyabinsk was surreal, and this time I felt like I was the one in training because she's now been there quadruple the time I was!
We had a meeting Thursday with our new investigator. She's a wonderful lady who is interested in learning how our church is different from the Russian Orthodox church and asked so many wonderful questions (all of which were answered by us teaching the Restoration lesson). She is wonderful and even prayed at the end of our lesson! It's really neat to meet people that are willing to keep all commitments and pray in lessons.
I have always been good (I thought) about speaking Russian on the street but after analyzing myself, I have made a new goal for myself to not ever, ever, ever speak a word of English on the street (unless it's an emergency phone call or something else like that). I'm excited for it. I love Russian, and the only way to get better is to keep speaking it! I have made some pretty lofty Russian goals for myself this transfer. My problem is vocabulary -- I just run out of ways to keep learning vocabulary (I get bored easily, I guess). Well, on splits a couple weeks ago, I had the thought pop into my head that I should tape lists of words to the inside of the bathroom door to learn. I have learned so many words that way! I know that's probably too much information, but I think it's hilarious. I'm also painstakingly going through every exercise in the back of the chapters of Modern Russian-- they're killers. Most of the words that are tested are words I haven't actually learned (I know 100% Gospel vocabulary...) but it's really showing me where the weaknesses are in my language. Always lots to keep learning!
This last weekend was the branch picnic-- so fun! We had a former investigator come with her son. It was such a fun picnic. Lots of games, great food, and more members than I have ever seen at the 2nd branch! Lots of people invited their friends too. I even gave out a Book of Mormon to a member of the Unification Church who was there (watch out...).
Sunday was... kind of a rough day because I was sick in bed literally all day. We're not entirely sure why, but probably food poisoning. Other than the occasional trips to the bathroom, I literally slept from 7am - 5:30 pm. It was crazy. It was sad to not go to church even, but there is no way I would have lasted that long. I'm feeling better today.
I hope you all have wonderful lives, and I always pray for you. Thanks to everyone who has written me so diligently my whole mission-- it feels good to not be forgotten.
Love!
Sister Brown
No comments:
Post a Comment