This week was hard because a sister in the mission got really sick, so I had her companion come this week (who is also in training). So basically that was hard. Livable but hard. She'll be with us through this week. It's wonderful being a trio but having this amount of responsibility kind of ruins your emotional capacity. We went out to Burger King to celebrate my year mark. I have some cute pictures I want to send but this computer is dumb so I'll try next week.
Something cool that happened this week, we were on our way to stop by a potential investigator and give her a Book of Mormon, but she couldn't answer the door because she was sick. We also had waited around a good chunk of the afternoon for our landlord to come over, so we could give him rent. As we were walking home, it was later than we had originally scheduled, and we were waiting at an intersection as this guy walks by having walked across the other side of the street (he had a green light, we had a red light...make sense?) Well, he stops to read our name tags as we're waiting there, and I just let him read mine as my companions started to walk across the street (light had turned green at this point-- they noticed and came on back), he was surprisingly interested and asked for any literature that we had and gave us his number. We gave him the Book of Mormon we had planned to give the potential! It was really cool.
I love little coincidences that aren't just coincidences. If our landlord hadn't been as late as he was, and if the potential hadn't been sick, we wouldn't have been at that intersection at the exacttime that the man walked by us. Crazy, huh? It's so nuts to think that missionary work is so much bigger than us. God really does have a plan!
We had a really good missionary musical number this week at church. We sang "Be Still my Soul" and I played the flute for a little of it while Sister Hellewell accompanied us. It was awesome.
That's basically it in the life of Sister Brown this week.
Have a great week!
Sister Brown
No comments:
Post a Comment