Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Transfer

Well, that's it. I finally got a transfer call, but for some reason all transfers assignments are on wraps until Wednesday. All I know is that I'm leaving Ufa (after nine months), and that I'll also be training a new sister in the area where I am going.
I'm in shock that I'm leaving Ufa. I was told yesterday that I was leaving today, and it's crazy. Because we watched conference yesterday at the church and the English started slightly later than the Russian, I literally didn't get any time to say goodbye to anyone. What a crazy day. Everything is packed and ready to go, and I haven't quite gotten used to the idea. Especially because we moved apartments less than a week ago....

This week was great, and our investigator is set to be baptized this weekend. It's too bad that I'm leaving and won't be here for the baptism, but I'm so glad that I had the opportunity to teach her and get to know her. 

Like I said, this week we moved apartments, and our new apartment it beautiful. It's very modern (more modern than a traditional Russian apartment anyway) and kind of craftsman style. It's very big and spacious. I love it! Lots of daylight and we have a wonderful building. Kind of a shame that I won't be here, but it was nice to at least feel at home for a week!

Conference was great. In between the Saturday sessions, we did an American pancake breakfast for the ward members. It was so fun. I think my favorite talks were Lawrence Corbridge's on Joseph Smith and also L. Tom Perry's on Obedience. Of course Gary E. Stevenson's was really great, but I felt a little left out since I didn't see the Olympics this year. 

Conference is great, and it's especially great being a missionary and watching conference. I only have one more conference left on my mission-- how weird! I'm feeling a little old especially since this will now be my third time training.....crazy! Time flies when you're having fun. :)

I feel really at peace about leaving Ufa. I've done all that I can in my area, and I really feel that I did all I could to leave my area "stronger than [I] found it" (PMG 137). I've worked super hard here, and it's been nice to see the longer term results just nine months later. I'm so grateful that I've had the opportunity to serve here among these people. The members here are incredible examples of perseverance. They're all so strong here, and it's really inspirational. 

Well, I love Russia. I'm so glad to have been called here. I've learned so much from all the people and all the experiences that I've had. Being a missionary is dang hard, but it's so worth it. I've had the most spiritual experiences on my mission, and I really feel that I've been changed in so many ways. It's hard to explain all the changes, hardships, challenges, and struggles that I've experienced so far, but I'm so excited to continue on this adventure in a different city. Whitewashing is going to be so fun!

I know the Lord knows I can handle this but please keep me in your prayers this week a little more than usual. :)

I love you all!!!!!!!

Love,
Sister Brown

2 Nephi 5:10-11
"And we did observe to keep the judgments, and the statutes, and the commandments of the Lord in all things.... and the Lord was with us"

No comments:

Post a Comment