Karen and I were concerned about an incident that happened at the chapel in Ufa. Catie said that three very similar looking SUVs were parked on the stairs leading to the church, almost completely blocking the entrance. As the missionaries approached the church, the vehicles would start (remotely) and the engines would rev. Because of recent bombings in Russia, previous threats to the church in Ufa, and the upcoming Olympics and possible threats, I decided to contact the mission president. He allayed most of our concerns and also included a nice note about Catie, shown below. Blaine Brown.

Sister Christensen and I love Sister Brown very much. She is an outstanding missionary who has managed expertly and maturely the challenges of training a Ukrainian Sister who has not had the same kind of training and seasoning in the Church that Sister Brown has had. She speaks Russian amazingly fluently for the short time she has been here. She is loved and respected by other missionaries. I want you to know how fortunate and blessed I feel to have her serving with us.
Thank you for your prayers and support. I assure you that Sister Brown is in the safest part of Russia, in a very safe city and has a very wise, experienced zone leader. Our missionaries’ safety and security is of paramount importance to us every day.
Thank you for raising and preparing such an incredible missionary. We are so blessed to have her serving in our mission.
President Christensen
No comments:
Post a Comment